Sign in to follow this  
Root Admin

Fraud Alert PSA: Fake Emails Sent Out in Our Name

Root Admin

It has come to my notice that fake emails are being sent out to the public claiming to be official emails from TIRA with fake invite-requests.

They are not from us and we never send out unsolicited invite requests by email or otherwise to anyone to join our forum.

We use only one email ID for all our communication:

Spoiler

team-ira [at] protonmail [dot] com

I want to thank one of our members @myno (aka drunkenmyno) who was sent such an email, for bringing it to our notice. Note that the sender ID ) of the email (which includes the term "Official" is different from that of ours.  Note also the crude grammar used in the fake email as well as the typos (see how they spell "tutorials". 🙂

I am posting 2 screenshots of the FAKE email that he said he received, below so that the general public is made aware of this scam:

email.jpg

email2.jpg

We take impersonation scams of this nature very seriously.

We have lodged a police complaint and have also informed protonmail of this scam. Investigation is underway and the full details have been posted internally at TIRA for our members.

• Like 3

Root Admin

An Update for Everyone:

I did not post the actual name  of the culprit revealed in the investigations yesterday since I wanted to give the benefit of doubt to the person involved. So we again cross-checked with the investigators and today we have the full report and the full story which confirmed our suspicions.

The name of the culprit has been confirmed to be Sascha Szalata from Germany who uses the nicknames drunkenmyno aka myno aka Kallegaul aka Zoppotrump3 at various online boards.

This fact has been confirmed beyond doubt.

• Like 1